The help command says 0 to disable:
  setcompactionthroughput <value_in_mb> - Set the MB/s throughput cap for
compaction in the system, or 0 to disable throttling.
  setstreamthroughput  <value_in_mb> - Set the MB/s throughput cap for
streaming in the system, or 0 to disable throttling.

I also set both to 1000 and it also had no effect (just in case the
documentation was incorrect.)