> We were successfully using a sync thrift client. With it we could send
> multiple requests through the single connection and wait for answers.

Can you provide an example ?

With sync the server thread that handles your client socket blocks waiting for
the request to complete.  There is also state associated with the connection
that from memory is considered to be essentially request state.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand