Would each device/machine have its own keyspace?

Basically, your client needs to take care of a successful creation of the
schema and any other verifications and it is going to be time consuming.

From: Emalayan Vairavanathan
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2013 3:07 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Creating namespace and column family from multiple nodes
concurrently

Hi Arthur and Farraz,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I am trying to avoid sync among concurrent instances and this is why I am
preferring Option - 2. Further in my application, I have reasonable window
between the application initialization phase and the application runtime.  So
as long as Cassandra can safely handle concurrent creation I should be fine.

Do you have any idea how Cassandra is going to handle concurrent namespace and
column family creation (Here all the instances are going to create the same
namespace and column families concurrently)?
        - Does Cassandra take much time to agree on a final schema (In case if
Cassandra is using some sort of exponential back off algorithms to handle
schema conflicts) ?
        - Or is it going to result schema conflicts which needs manual
intervention ?
        - Or will this result in race conditions ?
        - Or some other issues e.g: memory/ cpu /network bottlenecks ?

Thank you
Emalayan