Sankalp,

Parallel sstableloader streaming would definitely be valuable.

However, this ring is currently using vnodes and I was surprised to see
that a bootstrapping node only streamed from one node in the ring. My
understanding was that a bootstrapping node would stream from multiple
nodes in the ring.

We started with a 3 node/3 AZ, RF=3 ring. We then increased that to 6
nodes, adding one per AZ. The 4th, 5th and 6th nodes only streamed from the
node in their own AZ/rack which led to the serial sstable streaming. Is
this the correct behavior for the snitch? Is there an option to stream from
multiple replicas across the az/rack configuration?

Mike

--

  Mike Heffner <m...@librato.com>
  Librato, Inc.