Thanks Dean. Any reason why it is sequential ? It is to avoid loading all the
nodes and see if one node can return the desired results ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Hiller, Dean [mailto:dean.hil...@nrel.gov]
Sent: 21 August 2013 07:36
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Secondary Index Question

Yup, there are other types of indexing like that in PlayOrm which do it
differently so all nodes are not hit so it works better for instance if you are
partitioning your data and you query into just a single partition so it doesn't
put load on all the nodes.  (of course, you have to have a partition strategy
to partition by say month with key being the timestamp of begin of month or
maybe you partition by account as you only query into accounts).

It is feasible to roll your own as well.  (though you do need to worry about
eventual consistency here when rolling your own)

Later,
Dean