I know that the size is limited to max short (~32k) because when deserializing
the response from the server, the first item returned is the number of items
and its a short.  That being said you could likely handle this by looking for
the overflow and allowing double max short.

Vikas Goyal <vi...@easility.com> wrote:

As there are two ways to support wide rows in CQL3..One is to use composite
keys and another is to use collections like Map, List and Set. The composite
keys method can have millions of columns (transposed to rows).. This is solving
some of our use cases.

However, if we use collections, I want to know if there is a limit that the
collections can store a certain number/amount of data (Like earlier with Thrift
C* supports up-to 2 billion columns in a row)

Thanks,

Vikas Goyal