I have tried with both the options creating secondary index and also tried
adding parentid to primary key, but I am getting all the files with
parentid 'yyy', what I want is the latest version of file with the
combination of parentid, fileid. Say below are the records inserted in the
file table:

insert into file (id, parentid, version, contenttype, description, name)
values ('f1', 'd1', '2011-03-04', 'pdf', 'f1 file', 'file1');
insert into file (id, parentid, version, contenttype, description, name)
values ('f1', 'd1', '2011-03-05', 'pdf', 'f1 file', 'file1');
insert into file (id, parentid, version, contenttype, description, name)
values ('f2', 'd1', '2011-03-05', 'pdf', 'f1 file', 'file1');
insert into file (id, parentid, version, contenttype, description, name)
values ('f2', 'd1', '2011-03-06', 'pdf', 'f1 file', 'file1');

I want to write a query which returns me second and last record and not the
first and third record, because for the first and third record there exists
a latest version, for the combination of id and parentid.

I am confused If at all this is achievable, please suggest.

Dawood