From: Sylvain Lebresne [mailto:sylv...@datastax.com]
Sent: dinsdag 1 oktober 2013 19:10
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: default_time_to_live

You're not supposed to change the table settings by modifying
system.schema_columnfamilies as this will skip proper propagation of the
change. Instead, you're supposed to do an ALTER TABLE, so something like:
  ALTER TABLE hol WITH default_time_to_live=10;

That being said, if you restart the node on which you've made the update, the
change "should" be picked up and propagated to all nodes. Still not a bad idea
to do the ALTER TABLE to make sure everything is set right.

--
Sylvain

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Pieter Callewaert