Currently we have 480-520 GB of data per node, so it's not even close to 1TB, but I'd bet that reaching 700-800GB shouldn't be a problem in terms of "everyday performance" - heap space is quite low, no GC issues etc. (to give you a comparison: when working on 1.1 and having ~300-400GB per node we had a huge problem with bloom filters and heap space, so we had to bump it to 12-16 GB; on 1.2 it's not an issue anymore).

However, our main concern is the time that we'll need to rebuild broken node, so we are going to extend the cluster soon to avoid such problems and keep our nodes about 50% smaller.

M.