We have wide-rows accumulated in a cassandra CF and now changed our
app-side logic.

The application now only wants first 7 days of data from this CF.

What is the quick way to delete old-data and at the same time make sure
read does churn through all deleted columns?

Lets say I do the following

for (each key in CF)
      drop key, with timestamp=(System.currentTimeMillis-7days)

What should I do in my read, to make sure that deleted columns don't get
examined.

I saw some advice on using max-timestamp per SSTable during read. Can
someone explain if that will solve my read problem here?

--
Ravi