Thanks.

Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2013 11:48:42 -0400
Subject: Re: Facebook Cassandra
From: edlinuxg...@gmail.com
To: user@cassandra.apache.org

As it relates to c*

http://www.cs.cornell.edu/Projects/ladis2009/papers/Lakshman-ladis2009.PDF

We have built, implemented, and operated a storage sys-tem providing
scalability, high performance, and wide appli-
cability.  We have empirically demonstrated that Cassandracan  support  a  very
 high  update  throughput  while  deliver-
ing low latency.  Future works involves adding compression,ability to support
atomicity across keys and secondary index
support.

Why doesn't facebook use the cloud? Does that mean you should not use the cloud?
Why does facebook use scribe and not flume?
Why does facebook use thrift and not avro or protobuf?

What I am trying to get at is technical decisions are very environment
specific.

>From other talks I have seen facebook breaks there hbase into "cells" of 100
>nodes.
http://www.slideshare.net/brizzzdotcom/facebook-messages-hbase

See slide 23

No one else I know claims to do this. Again should you do this?