Hi,

I'm looking for clarification on composite keys and composite columns. From
what I've read with regards to composite keys, you have a collection of columns
where of 'n' columns, the first n-1 form the composite primary key and the last
column is the data for that composite key. Do I have this right?

What I've just read about composite columns is that there are static and
dynamic composite column names, but dynamic should be avoided. If the column
names can be created programmatically, what does the schema definition look
like for this, or is it omitted since they're programmatically created? I'm
assuming that these are the dynamic composite columns. So how are the static
composite columns defined in the schema?

Also, if a column name is used as the value as well (composite or non-composite
columns), how do you query that? If the value is empty and the column name IS
the value, is the knowledge of what you're querying in the business logic due
to the construct of that particular column family?

Thanks.

Les

[CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY NOTICE]

Information transmitted by this email is proprietary to Medtronic and is
intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and
may contain information that is private, privileged, confidential or exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or
it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority,
you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in any
manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please delete this mail from your
records.

To view this notice in other languages you can either select the following link
or manually copy and paste the link into the address bar of a web browser:
http://emaildisclaimer.medtronic.com