> Also, there are plenty of
> compactions running - it just seems like the number of pending tasks
> is never affected.
Is there ever a time when the pending count is non zero but nodetool
compactionstats does not show any running tasks ?

If compaction cannot keep up you may be generating data faster than LCS can
compact it. What sort of disks do you have?

What is the min_sstable_size ? The old default was 5, the new one is 130. The
higher value will result in less IO.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
New Zealand