> We have seen read repair take very long time even for few GBs
Read Repair is a process that runs during a read to repair differences in the
background. It’s active on (by default) 10% of the reads.

I assume you mean nodetool repair (aka anti entropy). It runs in two phases,
first it calculates a hash of the data on the node and second it transfers data
to resolve inconsistencies.

You can track the first part using nodetool compactionstats and the second with
nodetool netstats.

I would guess it’s the first part that is taking a while, how much CPU power do
you have ? Also the first part if throttled by the compaction_throughput YAML
setting.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
New Zealand