Hello,

  I met some problems during an upgrade version, my source is Cassandra 2.0
and my target is Cassandra 2.0.2.

   My cluster have 3 nodes in the same datacenter, and i will upgrade them
one by one.

   So i Deploy the binaries of the new version, and configure my
cassandra.yaml with the same informations as before.

  I also make an environnement file like this one (a copy of the old one):

export
PATH=$PATH:/produits/cassandra/install_cassandra/jre1.7.0_25/bin:
/produits/cassandra/install_cassandra/jre1.7.0_25/lib:
/produits/cassandra/install_cassandra/apache-cassandra-2.0.2/bin:
/produits/cassandra/install_cassandra/apache-cassandra-2.0.2/lib:
/produits/cassandra/install_opscenter/opscenter-3.2.0/bin:
/produits/cassandra/install_opscenter/opscenter-3.2.0/agent:
/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
export JAVA_HOME=/produits/cassandra/install_cassandra/jre1.7.0_25
export
CASSANDRA_HOME=/produits/cassandra/install_cassandra/apache-cassandra-2.0.2
export JVM_OPTS=-Dorg.xerial.snappy.tempdir=/produits/cassandra/snappy

 Nothing change in this 2 files except the new home for Cassandra, i keep
the same DATA_FILE_DIRECTORIES,commitlog_directory and
saved_caches_directory, same cluster name and same
cassandra-topology.properties.

  I just have change my
log4j.appender.R.File=/produits/cassandra/system_log.log in
log4j-server.properties.

So on the first node i used these commands:

nodetool –h 10.250.176.128 disablegossip

nodetool –h 10.250.176.128 disablethrift

nodetool -h 10.250.176.128 snapshot

nodetool -h 10.250.176.128 drain

cassandra stop

I also comment the num_tokens cause i use vnodes, and decomment
initial_token and let a blank for this parameter.

Next i load my new environement files, all variables seems correct but
when i try to start the node i had these errors.

[cassandra@s00vl9925761 conf]$ Error: Could not find or load main class
org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon

I search on the net, and all forums which speak about this error tell me
that i have problem with my environment variables.

But my variables are all looking good, so i really need help on this.

When i come back to the older version, cassandra always start without problems.

Thanks.