slightly off topic, but does anyone know off the top of their head what happens
if data is being written at LOCAL_QUORUM to a multi data center setup faster
than the inter data center link can handle… something has to block, throw an
exception, die, or have unbounded growth (memory, threads, on disk hints etc)
somewhere along the line ;-)

I haven’t found any good info on this via searching the web… I have not studied
the code in detail as we have not yet set up a multi-DC cluster. (Note we’re
using 2.0.5).

Note we do not intend to do this in practice, but it might happen in some short
bursts… obviously we can test this once we have such a setup, but any info
would help us plan how to handle it, and/or throttle at either cassandra config
level, or app level.