I'm very much a newbie so this may be a silly question but ...

I have a situation similar to the music service example
(http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cql/3.1/cql/ddl/ddl_music_service_c.html)
 of songs and playlists.  However, in my case, the "songs" would be considered
orphans that should be deleted when no "playlists" refer to them.  Relational
databases have mechanisms to manage this relationship so that a "song" could be
deleted as soon as the last "playlist" referencing it is deleted.    While I do
NOT need to manage this as an atomic transaction, I'm wondering what is the
best way to delete orphaned rows (i.e., "songs" not referenced by any
"playlists")  using Cassandra.

I guess an alternative approach would be to store "songs" directly in the
"playlists" but this could lead to many redundant copies of the same "song"
which is something I'm hoping to avoid.  I'm my case the "playlists" could have
thousands of entries and the "songs" might be blobs of 10s of Mbytes.    Maybe
I'm just having a hard time abandoning my relational roots?

John