*If* you do not need to do range queries on your 'timestam' (ts) column -
*and* if you can change your schema (big if...), then you could move
'timestam' into the partition key like this (using your notation):

PK((key String , timestam int), column1 string, col2 string) , list1 , list
2, list 3 .

Now the select query you showed should execute more consistently.

But of course something else might break...!

ml