Hi Clint,

I'm guessing you are using vagrant. The thing is cassandra-chef-cookbook
use template cassandra.yaml.erb, where you can find:
"broadcast_address: <%= node[:cassandra][:broadcast_address] %>" which in
turn is equal to "node[:ipaddress]".
Value of node[:ipaddress] depends on how do you configure networking in
vagrant/vbox, with default networking configuration node[:ipaddress] is
equal 10.0.2.15 hence your broadcast_address.
You can setup networking in different way or setup attribute
node[:cassandra][:broadcast_address] manually.