On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 12:50 PM, Apoorva Gaurav
<apoorva.gau...@myntra.com>wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> We had a 4 node cassandra 2.0.4 cluster  ( lets call them host1, host2,
> host3 and host4), out of which we've removed one node (host4) using
> nodetool removenode command. Now using nodetool status or nodetool ring we
> no longer see host4. It's also not appearing in Datastax opscenter. But its
> intermittently appearing in Metadata.getAllHosts() while connecting using
> datastax driver 1.0.4.
>
> Couple of questions :-
> -How is it appearing.

Not sure. Can you try querying the peers system table on each of your nodes
(with cqlsh: SELECT * FROM system.peers) and see if the host4 is still
mentioned somewhere?

> -Can this have impact on read / write performance of client.

No. If the host doesn't exists, the driver might try to reconnect to it at
times, but since it won't be able to, it won't try to use it for reads and
writes. That does mean you might have a reconnection task running with some
regularity, but 1) it's not on the write/read path of queries and 2)
provided you've left the default reconnection policy, this will happen once
every 10 minutes and will be pretty cheap so that it will consume an
completely negligible amount of ressources. That doesn't mean I'm not
interested tracking down why that happens in the first place though.

--
Sylvain