As far  as I understood, the multiget performance is bound to the slowest
node responding to the coordinator.

If you are fetching 100 partitions within *n* nodes, the coordinator will
issue requests to those nodes and wait until all the responses are given
back before returning the results to the client.

 Consequently if one node among *n* is under heavy load and takes longer to
respond, it will impact greatly the response time of your multiget.

Now, with the introduction of the recent rapid read protection, this
behavior might be mitigated

 Regards

 Duy Hai DOAN