I have recently tested this scenario under a couple versions of Cassandra and
have been able to write and read to/from the cluster while performing a move.

I performed these tests utilizing an RF=2 on a three node cluster while
performing quorum reads and received no errors due to unavailable replicas.

I will be doing some more testing on this under different scenarios, but so far
so good

However, I would strongly recommend an RF of at least 3 when performing quorum
based reads because otherwise you're subject to failed reads in event of losing
one node.

--
Colin
320-221-9531