We have a log only data structure… everything is appended and nothing is
ever updated.

We should be totally fine with having lots of SSTables sitting on disk
because even if we did a major compaction the data would still look the
same.

By 'lots' I mean maybe 1000 max.  Maybe 1GB each.

However, I would like a way to delete older data.

One way to solve this could be to just drop an entire SSTable if all the
records inside have tombstones.

Is this possible, to just drop a specific SSTable?

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*