Greetings,

I'm reading data from C* with Spark (via ColumnFamilyInputFormat) and I'd like
to read just part of it - something like Spark's sample() function.
Cassandra's API seems allow to do it with its
ConfigHelper.setInputRange(jobConfiguration, startToken, endToken) method, but
it doesn't work.
The limit is just ignored and the entire column family is scanned. It seems
this kind of feature is just not supported
and sources of AbstractColumnFamilyInputFormat.getSplits confirm that (IMO).
Questions:
1. Am I right that there is no way to get some data limited by token range with
ColumnFamilyInputFormat?
2. Is there other way to limit the amount of data read from Cassandra with
Spark and ColumnFamilyInputFormat,
so that this amount is predictable (like 5% of entire dataset)?

WBR,
Anton