Don’t know, but as a potential customer of DataStax I’m also concerned at the
fact that there does not seem to be a competitor offering Cassandra support and
services. All innovation seems to be occurring only in the OSS version or
DSE(*).  I’d welcome a competitor for DSE - it does not even have to be so
well-rounded ;-)

(DSE is really cool, and I think DataStax is doing awesome work. I just get
uncomfortable when there’s a SPoF - that’s why I’m running Cassandra in the
first place ;-)

((So yes, you, exactly you who is reading this and thinking of starting a
company around Cassandra, pitch me when you have a product.))

(((* Yes, Netflix is open sourcing a lot of Cassandra stuff, but I don’t think
they’re planning to pivot.)))

/Janne