The message does seem a little odd in that it refers to “assign”, but it would
make more sense to say “compare”.

-- Jack Krupansky

From: Kevin Burton
Sent: Friday, June 6, 2014 1:22 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Bad Request: Type error: cannot assign result of function token (type
bigint) to id (type int)

I'm building a new schema which I need to read externally by paging through the
result set.

My understanding from reading the documentation , and this list, is that I can
do that but I need to use the token() function.

Only it doesn't work.

Here's a reduction:

create table test_paging (
id int,
primary key(id)
);

insert into test_paging (id) values (1);
insert into test_paging (id) values (2);
insert into test_paging (id) values (3);
insert into test_paging (id) values (4);
insert into test_paging (id) values (5);

select * from test_paging where id > token(0);

… but it gives me:

Bad Request: Type error: cannot assign result of function token (type bigint)
to id (type int)

…

What's that about?  I can't find any documentation for this and there aren't
any concise examples.

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com

Location: San Francisco, CA
Skype: burtonator
blog: http://burtonator.wordpress.com
… or check out my Google+ profile

War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. Corporations are
people.