Hi Oleg.

Spark can be configured to have high availability without the need for
Mesos (
https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/spark-standalone.html#high-availability),
for instance using Zookeeper and standby masters. If I'm not wrong Storm
doesn't need Mesos to work, so I imagine you use it to make nimbus fault
tolerant, am I correct? In any case Mesos also deals with high availability
(http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/high-availability/) so I
don't see the SPOF. What am I missing?

And I agree with DuyHai, have you tried Spark Streaming or similar? Perhaps
it fits your needs.

Paco