On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 12:21 PM, James Briggs <james.bri...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> I haven't noticed if they do anything special with seeds.
> (At least one seed needs to be running before you restart other nodes.)

If the nodes have all seen each other before ("the cluster has coalesced
once") then AFAIK this statement is not true. The ring state is persisted,
nodes don't need to talk to a seed to start.

> I wondered the same thing as Kevin and came to these conclusions.

As I don't think the seed node wrinkle exists, I'm pretty sure all you
really have to do is make sure the node is answering on the Thrift and
Gossip ports and that other nodes all see it as UP.

=Rob