Yes, you can bind parameters by name:

```
INSERT INTO songs (id, title, album, artist) VALUES (:id, :title, :album,
:artist)
```

All DataStax drivers for Cassandra support this feature. In Java it looks
like

// prepare only once
PreparedStatememt pstmt = session.prepare("INSERT INTO songs (id, title,
album, artist) VALUES (:id, :title, :album, :artist)")

// later
BoundStatement stmt = new BoundStatement(pstmt);
stmt.setLong("id", 1234);
stmt.setString("title", "Example title");

--

:- a)

Alex Popescu
Sen. Product Manager @ DataStax