On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 8:30 AM, Minh Do <m...@netflix.com> wrote:

> Just let you know if you base your implementation on Netflix's queue
> recipe, there are many issues with it.
>
> In general, we don't advise people to use that recipe so I suggest you to
> save your time by not going that same route again.

I +1 people who are saying that this is not a strong case for Cassandra. I
also agree that if you want to do this, you should consider other
approaches.

However, depending on the nature of the queue (low amount of total volume,
etc.) things like this can work just fine in practice :

https://engineering.eventbrite.com/replayable-pubsub-queues-with-cassandra-and-zookeeper/

In theory they can also be designed such that history is not infinite,
which mitigates the buildup of old queue state.

=Rob
http://twitter.com/rcolidba