Hey,

We've seen a considerable increase in the number of dropped mutations after
a major upgrade from 1.2.18 to 2.0.10. I initially thought it was due to
the extra load incurred by upgradesstables, but the dropped mutations
continue even after all sstables are upgraded.

Additional info: Overall (read, write and range) latency improved with the
upgrade, which is great, but I don't understand why dropped mutations has
increased. I/O and CPU load is pretty much the same, number of completed
tasks is the only metric that increased together with dropped mutations.

I also noticed that the number of "all time blocked" FlushWriter operations
is about 5% of completed operations, don't know if this is related, but in
case it helps out...

Anyone has a clue on what could that be? Or what should we monitor to find
out? Any help or JIRA pointers would be kindly appreciated.

Cheers,

--
*Paulo Motta*

Chaordic | *Platform*