On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 5:18 AM, André Cruz <andre.c...@co.sapo.pt> wrote:

> Each node has 4-9 of these exceptions as it is going down after being
> drained. It seems Cassandra was trying to delete an sstable. Can this be
> related?

That seems plausible, though the versions of the files you indicate have
the versions of the data now suggests that the file was eventually
successfully deleted.

My hunch is that you originally triggered this by picking up some obsolete
SSTables during the 1.2 era. Probably if you clean up the existing zombies
you will not encounter them again, unless you encounter another "obsolete
sstables marked live" bug. I agree that your compaction exceptions in the
1.2 era are likely implicated.

=Rob