Hi Jens,

maybe you should have a look at mutagen for cassandra:

https://github.com/toddfast/mutagen-cassandra

It is a litte quiet around this for some months, but maybe still worth it.

Cheers,
Jan

Am 25.11.2014 um 10:22 schrieb Jens Rantil:
Hi,

Anyone who is using, or could recommend, a tool for versioning schemas/migrating in Cassandra? My list of requirements is:
 * Support for adding tables.
* Support for versioning of table properties. All our tables are to be defaulted to LeveledCompactionStrategy.
 * Support for adding non-existing columns.
 * Optional: Support for removing columns.
 * Optional: Support for removing tables.

We are preferably a Java shop, but could potentially integrate something non-Java. I understand I could write a tool that would make these decisions using system.schema_columnfamilies and system.schema_columns, but as always reusing a proven tool would be preferable.

So far I only know of Spring Data Cassandra that handles creating tables and adding columns. However, it does not handle table properties in any way.

Thanks,
Jens

——— Jens Rantil Backend engineer Tink AB Email: jens.ran...@tink.se Phone: +46 708 84 18 32 Web: www.tink.se Facebook Linkedin Twitter