Nikolai,

Just in case you've missed my comment in the thread (guess you have) -
increasing sstable size does nothing (in our case at least). That is,
it's not worse but the load pattern is still the same - doing nothing
most of the time. So, I switched to STCS and we will have to live with
extra storage cost - storage is way cheaper than cpu etc anyhow:-)