Hi,
I have been having a few exchanges with contributors to the project around what
is possible with Cassandra and a common response that comes up when I describe
functionality as broken or missing is that I am not modelling my data
correctly. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to find comprehensive documentation on
modelling with Cassandra. In particular, I am finding myself modelling by
restriction rather than what I would like to do.

Does such documentations exist? If not, is there any effort to create such
documentation?The DataStax documentation on data modelling is far too weak to
be meaningful.

In particular, I am caught because:
1) I want to search on a specific column to make updates to it after further
processing; ie I don't know its value on first insert
2) If I want to search on a column, it has to be part of the primary key3) If a
column is part of the primary key, it cannot be edited so I have a circular
dependency
Thanks,
Jason