The starting configuration I had, which is still running on two of the
nodes, was 6GB Heap, 1024MB parnew which is close to what you are
suggesting and those have been pegged at load 4 for the over 12 hours with
hardly and read or write traffic. I will set one to 8GB/400MB and see if
its load changes.