@Colin -
I bounce back and forth on classifying storm and spark as stream processing
frameworks. Clearly they are marketed as stream processing frameworks and
they can process data streams. Even with the commercial stream processing
products, expressing joins with some of the products is a bit "quirky" to
put in a nice way. The streamSql based products tend to be easier for end
users to grok, but it's still not an idea way of expressing temporal
patterns and temporal queries.

that's the reason I always tell our customers figure out your use case
first. though most of them respond with "we don't know the use case, but we
know we want to use it"