Hi Jens, thanks for your insight.

Replication lag in Cassandra terms is probably “Hinted handoff” --> Well I
think hinted handoff are only used when a node is down, and are not even
mandatory enabled. I guess that cross DC async replication is something
else, taht has nothing to see with hinted handoff, am I wrong ?

`nodetool status` is your friend. It will tell you whether the cluster
considers other nodes reachable or not. Run it on a node in the datacenter
that you’d like to test connectivity from. --> Connectivity ≠ write success

Basically the two question can be changed this way:

1 - How to monitor the async cross dc write latency ?
2 - What error should I look for when async write fails (if any) ? Or is
there any other way to see that network throughput (for example) is too
small for a given traffic.

Hope this is clearer.

C*heers,

Alain