On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 4:40 PM, Pranay Agarwal <agarwalpran...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Robert. Also, I have seen the node-repair operation to fail for
> some nodes. What are the chances of the data getting corrupt if node-repair
> fails?

If repair does not complete before gc_grace_seconds, chance of data getting
corrupt is non-zero and relates to how under-replicated tombstones might be.

You probably want to increase gc_grace_seconds if you're experiencing
failing repairs, as the default value is ambitious in non-toy clusters. I
personally recommend 34 days so that you can start repair on the first of
every month and have up to 7 days to complete the repair.

=Rob