Hi,

I am starting a new project with cassandra as database.
I have unstructured data so I need dynamic columns,
though in CQL3 we can achive this via Collections but there are some
downsides to it.
1. Collections are used to store small amount of data.
2. The maximum size of an item in a collection is 64K.
3. Cassandra reads a collection in its entirety.
4. Restrictions on number of items in collections is 64,000

And no support to get single column by map key, which is possible via
cassandra cli.
Please suggest whether I should use CQL3 or Thrift and which driver is best.

--
*Regards,*
*Chetan Verma*