> The most important things to note:
> - don't include JNA (it needs to lock pages larger than what will be
> available)
> - turn down threadpools for transports
> - turn compaction throughput way down
> - make concurrent reads and writes very small
> I have used the above run a healthy 5 node clusters locally in it's own
> private network with a 6th monitoring server for light to moderate local
> testing in 16g of laptop ram. YMMV but it is possible.

Thanks!! That was very helpful. I just tried applying your suggestions to
my cassandra.yaml file. I used the info from your chef recipe. Well like
I've been saying typically it takes about 5 hours or so for this situation
to shake itself out. I'll provide an update to the list once I have a
better idea of how this is working.

Thanks again!
Tim

--