If you want to guarantee that the data is written to all nodes before the
code returns, then yes you have to use "consistency all". Otherwise there
is a small risk of outdated data being served if a node goes offline longer
than hints timeouts.

Somewhat looser options that can assure multiple copies are written, as you
probably know, are quorum or a hard coded value. This applies to a typical
installation with a substantial number of nodes of course, not a small 2-3
node cluster.

I am curious why localStrategy when you have such concerns about data
consistency that you want to assure all nodes get data written. Can you
elaborate on your use case?

*.......*

*“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in apretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside
in a cloud of smoke,thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” - Hunter ThompsonDaemeon C.M. ReiydelleUSA
(+1) 415.501.0198London (+44) (0) 20 8144 9872*