From: Walsh, Stephen [mailto:stephen.wa...@aspect.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 1:35 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Insert Vs Updates - Both create tombstones

Quick Question,

Our team is under much debate, we are trying to find out if an Update on a row
with a TTL will create a tombstone.

E.G

We have one row with a TTL, if we keep "updating" that row before the TTL is
hit, will a tombstone be created.
I believe it will, but want to confirm.

So if that's is  true,
And if our TTL is 10 seconds and we "update" the row every second, will 10
tombstones be created after 10 seconds? Or just 1?
(and does the same apply for "insert")

Regards
Stephen Walsh

This email (including any attachments) is proprietary to Aspect Software, Inc.
and may contain information that is confidential. If you have received this
message in error, please do not read, copy or forward this message. Please
notify the sender immediately, delete it from your system and destroy any
copies. You may not further disclose or distribute this email or its
attachments.