> This post has some good advice for preparing for the leap second:
> http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/preparing-for-the-leap-second

Post author here. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

> What are the workaorund other than upgrading kernel to 3.4+?

A couple NTP-based workarounds are described here, in the "Preventing
Issues and Workarounds" section:

https://access.redhat.com/articles/199563

The goal of those workarounds is to prevent the leap second from being
applied all at once. I make no guarantees about them, just pointing
them out in case you wanted to investigate them yourself.

As noted in my post and the Red Hat article, it's probably best to
just upgrade your kernel/OS if you can.

> Are you upgrading clusters to Java 7 or higher on client and C* servers?

Just to be clear, JDK 7 had its own timer problems until 7u60, so you
should upgrade to or past that version.

Jim Witschey

Software Engineer in Test | jim.witsc...@datastax.com