HI I have a 6 node cluster and I ran a major compaction on node 1 but
I found that the load reached very high levels on node 2. Is this
explainable?

Attaching tpstats and metrics:

cassandra-2 ~]$ nodetool tpstats
Pool Name                    Active   Pending      Completed   Blocked
 All time blocked
MutationStage                     0         0      185152938         0
                0
ReadStage                         0         0        1111490         0
                0
RequestResponseStage              0         0      168660091         0
                0
ReadRepairStage                   0         0          21247         0
                0
ReplicateOnWriteStage            32      6186       88699535         0
             7163
MiscStage                         0         0              0         0
                0
HintedHandoff                     0         1           1090         0
                0
FlushWriter                       0         0           2059         0
               13
MemoryMeter                       0         0           3922         0
                0
GossipStage                       0         0        2246873         0
                0
CacheCleanupExecutor              0         0              0         0
                0
InternalResponseStage             0         0              0         0
                0
CompactionExecutor                0         0          12353         0
                0
ValidationExecutor                0         0              0         0
                0
MigrationStage                    0         0              1         0
                0
commitlog_archiver                0         0              0         0
                0
AntiEntropyStage                  0         0              0         0
                0
PendingRangeCalculator            0         0             16         0
                0
MemtablePostFlusher               0         0          10932         0
                0

Message type           Dropped
READ                     49051
RANGE_SLICE                  0
_TRACE                       0
MUTATION                   269
COUNTER_MUTATION           185
BINARY                       0
REQUEST_RESPONSE             0
PAGED_RANGE                  0
READ_REPAIR                  0

Also I saw that the nativetransportreqests was 23 in active and 23 in
pending, I found this in opscenter.

Any settings i can make to keep the load under control?
Appreciate any help.. Thanks