I can’t seem to find a decent resource to really explain this…

Our app seems to fail some write requests, a VERY low percentage.  I’d like
to retry the write requests that fail due to number of replicas not being
correct.

http://docs.datastax.com/en/developer/java-driver/2.0/common/drivers/reference/tuningPolicies_c.html

This is the best resource I can find.

I think the best strategy is to look at DefaultRetryPolicy and then create
a custom one that keeps retrying on write failures up to say 1 minute.
Latency isn’t critical for us as this is a batch processing system.

The biggest issue is how to test it?  I could unit test that my methods
return on the correct inputs but not really in real world situations.

What’s the best way to unit test this?

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*