Hi,

I encountered an issue recently when I built spark-cassandra applications
envirenment.

Problem description:
  1. I run spark applications to process data then write result to cassandra.
  2. In the beginning, all going well. But several hours(or serval days)  later
amounts of ??CLOSE_WAIT?? status connection occur at cassandra servers.
      It leads spark-application connect cassandra  faild, also execute command
'nodetool status' show 'DN' status on the trouble node.
  3. CLOSE_WAIT connections include communication with other cassandra
nodes(use port 7000, a small part) and communication with
spark-applications(use port 9042, a large part)
  4. Restart the trouble cassandra node, recovery.

Envirenment:
   Versions: spark 1.4.1 (spark-core 2.10)       cassandra: 2.1.8
spark-cassandra-connector:1.4.0-M3

   8 spark-applications run on 6 spark servers, and has 3 cassandra nodes.

   Dose anybody have the samilar problem? or knows the root cause.
   Thanks.

   Regards.

   dandykang