I am using C* 2.1.9 and GossipingPropertyFileSnitch. I noticed that when I
run nodetool info I am seeing the data center and rack as

DC1
r1

which comes from the default entry from cassandra-topology.properties. From
my understanding, this should only be used when PropertyFileSnitch is used
and as a fallback when using GossipingPropertyFileSnitch

When I run nodetool status, and looking at the cluster in ops center,
everything reports correctly.

As a test, I renamed cassandra-topology.properties to
cassandra-topology.properties.back on a node and restarted C*. When I run
nodetool info I am getting:

Data Center            : UNKNOWN_DC
Rack                   : UNKNOWN_RACK

nodetool status and opscenter still report correctly.

Is this just a bug with nodetool?

Regards,

Eric Plowe