Hello,

I have been frequently receiving those warnings:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Mutation of 35141120 bytes is too large
for the maxiumum size of 33554432
 at org.apache.cassandra.db.commitlog.CommitLog.add(CommitLog.java:221)
~[apache-cassandra-2.1.9.jar:2.1.9]
    at org.apache.cassandra.db.Keyspace.apply(Keyspace.java:383)
~[apache-cassandra-2.1.9.jar:2.1.9]
    at org.apache.cassandra.db.Keyspace.apply(Keyspace.java:363)
~[apache-cassandra-2.1.9.jar:2.1.9]
    at org.apache.cassandra.db.Mutation.apply(Mutation.java:214)
~[apache-cassandra-2.1.9.jar:2.1.9]
    at
org.apache.cassandra.db.MutationVerbHandler.doVerb(MutationVerbHandler.java:54)
~[apache-cassandra-2.1.9.jar:2.1.9]
    at
org.apache.cassandra.net.MessageDeliveryTask.run(MessageDeliveryTask.java:64)
~[apache-cassandra-2.1.9.jar:2.1.9]
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
~[na:1.7.0_75]
    at
org.apache.cassandra.concurrent.AbstractTracingAwareExecutorService$FutureTask.run(AbstractTracingAwareExecutorService.java:164)
~[apache-cassandra-2.1.9.jar:2.1.9]
    at org.apache.cassandra.concurrent.SEPWorker.run(SEPWorker.java:105)
[apache-cassandra-2.1.9.jar:2.1.9]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_75]

Sometimes I can trigger them myself by trying to add the contents of  a
text document that is less than 1 MB.

Initially I did increase the "commitlog_segment_size_in_mb" from 32 to 64.
Thinking to further increase it to 96.

But would that be a solution to the problem? What could be possibly causing
this?

Thank you,
George