hi;
   our cassandra cluster currently uses DSE 4.6. The underlying cassandra
version is 2.0.14.

We are planning on adding multiple nodes to one of our datacenters. This
requires "nodetool cleanup". The "nodetool cleanup" operation takes around
45 mins for each node.

Datastax documentation recommends running "nodetool cleanup" for one node
at a time. That would be really long, owing to the size of our datacenter.

If we were to divert the read and write traffic away from a particular
datacenter, could we run "cleanup" on multiple nodes in parallel for that
datacenter??

http://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/2.0/cassandra/operations/ops_add_node_to_cluster_t.html

thanks
Sai